It’s April at long last, which means you’ve made it through another harsh winter and need to start thinking about how to get your vehicle ready for summer. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Wash your car: Road salt does not wash off with rain. If you haven’t washed your car, truck, or SUV all winter, wash it now to prevent rusting. Keeping it clean and waxing it regularly will also help you retain value.
- Get an oil change: Never put off an oil change, as it is essential for your vehicle’s engine health. If you’re cutting it close, schedule an appointment now at Westland Ford. Have your vehicle’s tires rotated while you’re here.
- Test out your AC: Before the summer heat takes over, make sure your air conditioning system is working properly. If something seems to be amiss, have our technicians find and fix the problem before the heat becomes unbearable.
- Replace your wiper blades: Even the best wiper blades don’t last forever. After a wet winter and an already wet spring, prioritize replacing your wiper blades for perfect visibility during summer driving.
- Check your lights: Speaking of visibility, walk around the exterior of your vehicle to ensure all of the lights are working. Summer days are longer, which means we stay out longer and will likely be doing more night driving. Replace any bulbs that have burnt out.
For more extensive summer repairs, bring your vehicle into Westland Ford for service.